What is PCCA?
PCCA is a complete resource for an independent compounding pharmacy’s needs.
The company’s members are more than 3,900 independent community pharmacists in the United States, Canada, Australia, and other countries around the world. PCCA was incorporated in 1981 by a network of pharmacists who recognized the need to help patients requiring customized medications. Those pharmacists became pioneers in the modern era of pharmacy compounding.
- High-quality fine chemicals and compounding laboratory equipment
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited training and education for pharmacists and prescribers
- A comprehensive staff of experienced consultant pharmacists, pharmaceutical chemists, and training personnel ready to serve their technical support needs
- A database of more than 8,000 proprietary formulas that have been pre-tested with PCCA’s fine chemicals and are continuously reviewed and updated
- Unparalleled quality control and quality assurance for all products
PCCA has been an industry leader as the compounding profession has continued to flourish and advance, playing a vital role in the lives of patients, healthcare providers, and pharmacists alike.
As a distributor and repackager of both Active and Non-Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients for pharmacy compounding, PCCA is registered and inspected by the FDA and DEA. The company is licensed in the state of Texas and all other states where licensure is required.
A compounding pharmacist’s mission is to serve patients with medications tailored specifically for them, those who for one reason or another have not been served by commercially available medications. In the same spirit, PCCA exists to help our member pharmacies successfully practice the art and science of pharmacy compounding through a variety of products and services designed especially for their practices.