A stable gel base for various topical preparations
VersaBase Gel is transparent, smooth and light to touch, with a silky feel that spreads and absorbs easily. It is extremely stable and can be used topically, vaginally and rectally. It can also be used as a thickener or stabilizer for emulsions and can be diluted with up to 50% alcohol to easily create hydro-alcoholic topical gels, ideal for testosterone therapy in men.
This base can be used in combination with PCCA Mucolox™ for patients with vaginal and rectal conditions that would benefit from enhanced mucosal adherence. It also can be compounded with a variety of APIs, such as hormones, alpha-hydroxy acids, hydroquinone, steroids, certain anesthetics and more.
- Convenient premade gel with excellent stability even in low pH formulations (pH 2-7.5)
- Easily diluted with up to 50% alcohol
- Smooth cosmetic feel/non-sticky
- Thickener/stabilizer for emulsions
- Can be used topically, vaginally and rectally
- Male hormone replacement
- Female hormone replacement
- Surfactant emulsifiers
- Propylene glycol
More on VersaBase Gel
VersaBase family of bases